[asterisk-users] bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1u for Asterisk 1.2.13 on junghanns downloads now

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Oct 21 11:15:47 MST 2006

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 06:56:36PM +0200, Remco Barendse wrote:

> > Ah, you are using it for the hfc-pci cards. That's a valid
> > reason ;)
> > What's the latest BRISTUFF version that does work on x86_64
> > for you ? One of our customers reported trouble with this
> > bristuff on x86_64 as well and I dont have a _64 machine to
> > test.
>
> The last working release is the one that works with asterisk 1.0 still :(
>
> I have not rebooted the box to try the latest version but I'm having all
> sorts of issues with 0.3.0-PRE-1s.
>
> To name a few :
> Often incoming calls are not working, the caller gets the information tone
> as if there is no ISDN device connected to the line. Retrying the call
> works but this is extremely annoying.

Could you please be more specific? Any trace?
bri debug trace?

> Once I encountered the same problem on an incoming IAX call. The call
> would fail as if the server is not available.
>
> The florz patch (which used to make the 0.2 series of bristuff reliable
> and stable) will not work on x86_64. After applying the patch I cannot get
> zaphfc to compile. In the past after applying the florz patch it used
> to be necessary to modify the Makefile and point it to the directory
> where the current kernel resides, lately even that doesn't work
> anymore.

Which version of bristuff? Which version of the florz patch?

> I assume the first two problems are timing related, the florz patch would
> make bristuff behave better, without the patch I also have increased echo
> problems. (On a box without any load)

Interesting. Latest bristuff chenges the default Zaptel echo canceller
to MG2 (which is also the recommendation of Digium now).

BTW: as an alternative to zaphfc+flotz, consider vzaphfc. It seems that
the only place from which you can download an up-to-date version
nowadays is the Debian zaptel package:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-voip/zaptel/trunk/vzaphfc/
http://packages.debian.org/zaptel-source

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com