[asterisk-users] bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1u for Asterisk 1.2.13 on junghanns downloads now

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Sat Oct 21 09:56:36 MST 2006

> Ah, you are using it for the hfc-pci cards. That's a valid
> reason ;)
> What's the latest BRISTUFF version that does work on x86_64
> for you ? One of our customers reported trouble with this
> bristuff on x86_64 as well and I dont have a _64 machine to
> test.

The last working release is the one that works with asterisk 1.0 still :(

I have not rebooted the box to try the latest version but I'm having all
sorts of issues with 0.3.0-PRE-1s.

To name a few :
Often incoming calls are not working, the caller gets the information tone
as if there is no ISDN device connected to the line. Retrying the call
works but this is extremely annoying.

Once I encountered the same problem on an incoming IAX call. The call
would fail as if the server is not available.

The florz patch (which used to make the 0.2 series of bristuff reliable
and stable) will not work on x86_64. After applying the patch I cannot get
zaphfc to compile. In the past after applying the florz patch it used
to be necessary to modify the Makefile and point it to the directory
where the current kernel resides, lately even that doesn't work
anymore.

I assume the first two problems are timing related, the florz patch would
make bristuff behave better, without the patch I also have increased echo
problems. (On a box without any load)