[asterisk-users] bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1u for Asterisk 1.2.13 on junghanns downloads now

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Oct 21 14:30:28 MST 2006

On 20:15, Sat 21 Oct 06, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Interesting. Latest bristuff chenges the default Zaptel echo canceller
> to MG2 (which is also the recommendation of Digium now).
>

> BTW: as an alternative to zaphfc+flotz, consider vzaphfc. It seems that
> the only place from which you can download an up-to-date version
> nowadays is the Debian zaptel package:
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-voip/zaptel/trunk/vzaphfc/
> http://packages.debian.org/zaptel-source

Tzafrir,

Are you in the position to get stuff into asterisk ?
The patch you sent me is working great. I think we need this
stuff into the normal asterisk.
BRI is something a lot of asterisk users depend on, how odd
this may sound to USA ppl.

In an ideal world only the ITSP needs to worry about other
stuff then IAX or SIP but for now we really need BRI and
non-default-zap stuff in asterisk.

At home I trashed my ISDN line because of all the trouble
with bristuff and other stuff coded for normal ISDN. It just
is not the stability one needs for a phone system.

BRISTUFF, misdn, visdn, etc bring asterisk to it's knees
where sip/iax/sccp keep working.

I know all this is an empty call because I'm not capable to
produce code that fixes stuff, but it's something I hear
from a lot of ppl using asterisk and bristuff to get their
stuff working.

PS: anyone here has experience with both bristuff and
sangoma wanpipe patches to zaptel ?
--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu