[asterisk-users] Polycom boot error

Jessee J Holmes jholmes at atacomm.com
Fri Oct 20 07:08:36 MST 2006

The correct way to perform a factory reset on the Polycom phone is
documented in one of our knowledge-base Articles, number: KB-001032

http://voipstore.atacomm.com/Support/KB/ViewArticle.aspx/
27934028032-1-13.htm

You want to do a "factory format" to COMPLETELY erase everything on
the phone.

After this is done you can have the Polycom phone get the latest
bootrom (important for this type of error) and firmware from your FTP
or TFTP server set up at your office. If you don't have one, nows the
time to learn (admin guide and normal IT knowledge), get one and use
that to get the latest bootrom (3.2.2) and firmware (2.0.1 or 1.6.7
if you don't want to attempt version 2 yet) on your phones.

That should resolve your problem.

You can get the bootrom and firmware from your service provider,
distributor, or reseller as long as they are Polycom certified.

Hope that helps.

Jessee Holmes
Atacomm / Ataractic Corporation
www.atacomm.com