[asterisk-users] Re: Centos kernel 34 vs. 42? [was: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 72]

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Tue Oct 17 05:07:01 MST 2006

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Les Bell wrote:

> Cutting to the chase: I'm not aware of any audio problems, but our system
> doesn't get heavy use (only two lines and eight phones).

OK, thanks for the reply.

The anouncement at trixbox.org is not very clear on this. There is
reference to 'distorted voice prompts' but not about general voice
quality.

>From trixbox.org :
----quote----
There are some strange audio problems with the 42 kernel. This is most
apparent with vmware. When the 42 kernel is used the audio prompts are
jittery and broken. This was not a problem with the 34 kernel.

I am making the 34 kernel the standard for trixbox until further notice.
If somebody has a good reason to move to a higher release kernel please
post to the forum. But for now this should resolve all the problems with
Zaptel. This update has a new yum configuration file that will keep yum
from updating the kernel. If you want to update the kernel you can do it
manually
----unquote----

I just went back to kernel 35 just in case.