[asterisk-users] Re: Generate Random Numbers in dialplan

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Sat Oct 14 18:03:54 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 12:00 -0700,
asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:
>         Steve,
>
>         Is RAND available in the latest trunk or do I need the 1.4
>         beta?
>
>         If I do show function RAND it says its not available.
>
>         Thanks,
>         Jon

Jon--

Forgive me, you didn't say which version you were using in your original
post
-duh-- I should have guessed. Nope, RAND is not in 1.2. But, if you are
desparate, you could steal the 1.4 RAND function, and redo the module
stuff
in it to work under 1.2; there are plenty of patterns to follow.

murf