[asterisk-users] Polycom IP 501 phone randomly resets itself (loses Received call log, Missed calls, placed calls)

James Andrewartha jamesa at daa.com.au
Mon Oct 16 02:38:39 MST 2006

Mike Garey wrote:
> I've been noticing that my group of Polycom IP 501 phones seems to
> randomly reset themselves nearly every night (I guess it usually
> happens at night, since I've never seen it happen while I've been at
> work during the day)..
>
> When I say "reset", I mean, the hands free volume and ring volume are
> set to the default and the call logs (received calls, missed calls,
> placed calls) are all reset.  It does, however, keep certain settings
> such as the specific ring tone used for incoming calls.. But most
> other settings are being reset..  Has anyone else experienced this, or
> know why it might be happening?  Thanks,

What firmware version are you using? There is an option to make the phones
check their config and reboot every day:

<provisioning prov.fileSystem.rfs0.minFreeSpace="5"
prov.fileSystem.ffs0.4meg.minFreeSpace="420"
prov.fileSystem.ffs0.2meg.minFreeSpace="48" prov.polling.enabled="0"
prov.polling.mode="abs" prov.polling.period="86400" prov.polling.time="03:00"/>

if prev.polling.enabled is set then it will check for new configs and reboot
if there are any.

Also, if you set
      <volume voice.volume.persist.handset="1"
voice.volume.persist.headset="1" voice.volume.persist.handsfree="1"/>

then the headset and speaker volumes will be saved.

--
James Andrewartha
Systems Administrator