[asterisk-users] two SIP phones as one line

Marc Heckmann mh at nadir.org
Sun Oct 15 19:52:27 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-15-10 at 13:42 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:24:00AM -0400, Marc Heckmann wrote:
> > In fact no, I should have explained better, but in the old system one
> > phone was analogue and the other was a multi-line digital Nortel
> > Meridian phone. The one phone has to be analogue because it interfaces
> > with a radio broadcast phone patch.
>
> You might want to re-evaluate your goal.
>
> Is your actual goal -- from an engineering standpoint -- to deliver the
> combined audio of both sides of the call to a broadcast-standard 600
> ohm termination?

yes, using a Telos One digital hybrid. Only catch is that the On-Air
techs like to be able to 'stack' calls and place callers on hold using a
multi-line phone (the former Meridian replaced by the new SIP phone) and
then choose which ones to put on air.

Of course, a proper solution would be to get one of these:

http://www.telos-systems.com/1x6/default.htm

but I suspect that I can avoid it with the right Asterisk config.

-m

> Cause there may be better ways to do that than an analog phone and a
> hybrid...

I'm open to other ideas...

Cheers,

-m