[asterisk-users] two SIP phones as one line

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Oct 15 10:42:47 MST 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:24:00AM -0400, Marc Heckmann wrote:
> In fact no, I should have explained better, but in the old system one
> phone was analogue and the other was a multi-line digital Nortel
> Meridian phone. The one phone has to be analogue because it interfaces
> with a radio broadcast phone patch.

You might want to re-evaluate your goal.

Is your actual goal -- from an engineering standpoint -- to deliver the
combined audio of both sides of the call to a broadcast-standard 600
ohm termination?

Cause there may be better ways to do that than an analog phone and a
hybrid...

Cheers,
-- jr 'drop back 10...' a

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_