[asterisk-users] two SIP phones as one line

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Oct 15 20:24:55 MST 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 10:52:27PM -0400, Marc Heckmann wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-15-10 at 13:42 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:24:00AM -0400, Marc Heckmann wrote:
> > > In fact no, I should have explained better, but in the old system one
> > > phone was analogue and the other was a multi-line digital Nortel
> > > Meridian phone. The one phone has to be analogue because it interfaces
> > > with a radio broadcast phone patch.
> >
> > You might want to re-evaluate your goal.
> >
> > Is your actual goal -- from an engineering standpoint -- to deliver the
> > combined audio of both sides of the call to a broadcast-standard 600
> > ohm termination?
>
> yes, using a Telos One digital hybrid. Only catch is that the On-Air
> techs like to be able to 'stack' calls and place callers on hold using a
> multi-line phone (the former Meridian replaced by the new SIP phone) and
> then choose which ones to put on air.
>
> Of course, a proper solution would be to get one of these:
>
> http://www.telos-systems.com/1x6/default.htm
>
> but I suspect that I can avoid it with the right Asterisk config.
>
> I'm open to other ideas...

Seems to *me* that what you need to do is able to dynamically pick the
call they want to deal with, and hand it to a meetme where the other
side's audio gets merged and fed to a 600ohm bridge, which goes
directly into your board.

IE: replace the hybrid.

You might pop over to the Rivendell mailing list; some of those people
might have something informative to say as well...

I don't know if Call Commander is Asterisk compatible (yet) or not.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_