[asterisk-users] Re: How do you like TrixBox?

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Sat Oct 14 17:55:17 MST 2006

> I first learned asterisk via A at H.
>
> Then I went to straight asterisk.

This seems to be a theme.  Getting your feet wet with A at H/Trixbox is not
a bad way to go, especially if you want to get a functioning system up
and running quickly.  After tinkering with Trixbox then go back and do a
plain Asterisk install.  You will learn a lot, both about Asterisk and
Trixbox.  I've modified the Trixbox install scripts a bit to tailor them
to my needs and ended up with the best of both worlds: a Trixbox
installation that is more than plain vanilla but less than the somewhat
cluttered Trixbox stock install.

-MC