[asterisk-users] Inhouse SIP to ZAP has echo sometimes.

BerkHolz, Steven StevenBerkHolz at TESCOGroup.com
Fri Oct 13 10:51:01 MST 2006

Sometimes we get echo heard on SIP phone when dialing out.

Zap channel is on a TE411 Card.
It is using a PRI to XO.

As far as I know echo is created on the far side.
Could the Zaptel card be the far side as far as the SIP phone is
concerned?

Calls from our soon to retire legacy PBX do not have this problem.
Those calls are Legacy - PRI - asterisk -PRI - XO - Dest.

Any suggestions?

Zaptel.conf:

context=from-pstn
switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown
priindication=inband
signalling=pri_cpe
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
usecallingpres=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
group=0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes
callerid=asreceived
accountcode=I
musiconhold=default
overlapdial=no
facilityenable=yes
nsf=none
channel => 1-23

I also set "static int vpmdtmfsupport = 0;" in wct4xxp.c to remove
sporotic DTMF tones.

Thank You,

Steven BerkHolz
- MCSA - MCSE -