[asterisk-users] Polycom 2.01 sip issues

Jessee J Holmes jholmes at atacomm.com
Wed Oct 11 09:46:24 MST 2006

Dear Issac,

Makes sense.

We got asked about moving back to firmware 1.6.7 as well and the
official answer from Polycom is "not a problem"! Put the firmware on
your server and remove the 2.0 firmware from this server and when the
phone reboots it will grab the 1.6.7 firmware and load it on the
phone. Polycom says its as easy as that.

We can surely get 1.6.7 on our ftp site. We haven't done this due to
a major server system upgrade we've been working on for our website.
The current server we have is a temporary location for this firmware,
we have just the necessities on this server as this particular server
isn't within our main cluster of servers (there isn't much bandwidth
or power here until we move to the new server farm). I'll have one of
our techs post this firmware in a little bit here on the temp ftp
server.

Good question on the .cfg files. I don't know ... 1.6.7 .cfg files
won't work "correctly" with 2.0.1 firmware since the files changed.
Not sure about the other way around, I would assume they'd work, but
wouldn't recommend it as you may experience stability issues or
glitches from the phone not knowing what to do with some the
parameters in these newer files. It's always best to use the .cfg
files given with the firmware on your phones.

Hope that helps.

As far 1.6.7 firmware supporting multiple presences (48 i think),
maybe I was wrong on that; however, I remember reading the 2.0.1
firmware release notes and they mentioned that feature was fixed
within the 2.0 firmware. Maybe they fixed it before that and just
never documented it or maybe I misread it. If it works through in
1.6.7, great! Thanks Douglas.

Jessee Holmes
Atacomm / Ataractic Corporation
www.atacomm.com