[asterisk-users] Connection question...

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Tue Oct 10 13:28:54 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Danko Miocevic" <danko at santirso.com.ar>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:16 PM
Subject: [asterisk-users] Connection question...

>I want to try something with my asterisk but I have something that I need
>to know. The thing is that I am behind a NAT (I have to phones in a lan
>connected to the internet with a router), my server is directly conected to
>the internet on a different connection (in another place). I make a call
>from one phone to the other, but will they connect directly inside my lan?
>will I need an important Internet connection (I mean fast)? what info will
>be transfered from the server to the phones and from the phones to the
>server?
> If someone know something about this, I will appreciate any info, thanks
> to all,
>
> Danko

Danko,
If your server is behind NAT then from what I know the RTP stream must go
thru the server. Regarding the kind of internet connection it all depends on
how many concurent calls as well as what kind of codecs you are using. If
you want to share your current internet with the phones then make sure to
set up GOOD QoS.