[asterisk-users] Voicemail MWI

Race Vanderdecken asteriskusers at codetyrant.com
Mon Oct 9 09:41:37 MST 2006

I did write some code once that worked but was not used in the end. The
customer did a very clever and elaborate solution that did not involve
asterisk.

In the code when a call came in the local asterisk server would talk to
a server on a socket on the main voicemail machine.

The local/client code would redirect the MWI counter code to read from
the main server socket instead of the local file system.  The server
side socket used similar asterisk code to count the messages on the
remote server instead of on the local asterisk server.

Then the normal asterisk code would trip the MWI light.

The server address and whether to use the remote voicemail server
counter were in the vm.conf file.

It could handle about 500 queries per second without much cpu time.

It was built back under the 1.2 or 1.1 code base, so it might not work
under the 1.4 code base(which I have not looked at yet.)

Race Vanderdecken
Code Tyrant
Somewhere near Asheville, NC.