[asterisk-users] Voicemail MWI

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Fri Oct 6 12:06:18 MST 2006

For us the voicemail server doesn't have to know what phones are
registered where.  We have an externnotify script that drops x number of
msgx.txt files into the respective voicemail folders after any call that
goes through the voicemail server.  x in this would be the number of
messages.

Since our servers are all exactly the same, we just blanket the script
across all our call servers, but if you have specific servers where the
phones are registered at, you can modify the SIP channel to update the
db with server information and have the voicemail server just run the
script across servers that that particular phone is currently registered
with.

The scripts we use are relatively lightweight, but can probably be
turned into some sort of listening service to remove some of the ssh
overhead required.  Not a problem for us, but you might not like it
much :)