[asterisk-users] Asterisk Postgres Native support

John Miloo johnmiloo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:38:19 MST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use Asterisk pull its configuration (Sip.conf,
Extension.conf) from the Postgresql (ARA - Realtime). I am missing
documentation regarding setting this up (connectivity portion)

For example, in file extconfig.conf I need to add:

sipusers => pgsql,asterisk,account
sippeers => pgsql,asterisk,account
extensions => pgsql,asterisk,extension

I am aware that for MySql, you add following lines to extconfig.conf

sipusers => mysql,asterisk,sip_buddies
sippeers => mysql,asterisk,sip_buddies
voicemail => mysql,asterisk,voicemail_users
extensions => mysql,asterisk,extensions

Also you add the following to res_mysql.conf
[general]
dbhost = 127.0.0.1
dbname = asterisk
dbuser = asteriskuser
dbpass = password
dbport = 3306

and few more changes in sip.conf and extensions.conf makes it work for MySQL.
BUT how this is done to connect to PGSQL. It says Native, I assume I
do not need to recompile asterisk. Any help appreciated. Also please
clarify that if Asterisk 1.2 has Native Support for Postgres. If so,
that is even better.

---- /doc/realtime.txt  from Version 1.4 Beta
Currently there are three realtime database drivers:

* ODBC: Support for UnixODBC, integrated into Asterisk
  The UnixODBC subsystem supports many different databases,
  please check www.unixodbc.org for more information.
* MySQL: Found in the asterisk-addons subversion repository on svn.digium.com
* PostgreSQL: Native support for Postgres, integrated into Asterisk
----