[asterisk-users] Outbound FXO call, getting "You must first dial..."

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Sat Oct 7 08:28:18 MST 2006

I did have a bit of trouble with searching (what to search on), though
looking for the w in the dial command did return quite a few hits as you
described. Thank you so much for taking the time to reanswer a covered
subject.

I played with the settings and 1 w and removing the :1 after EXTEN (not
stripping the leading digit?) makes it reliable. Not stripping the first
digit worked about 2 in 5 attempts. I stumbled onto that idea when I
missdialed a number "921503<7 digit number>" and it worked! The 2 was a
fat finger mistake. So I tried "90xxxxxxxxxx" and that worked.

As I have some success now, I can tune this so it works as the HowTo's
list. :)

Thank you again!

--
Nick Ellson