[asterisk-users] (no subject)

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Tue Oct 3 22:11:28 MST 2006

I am going to reply inline as you asked many questions

 I have two questions.

Sure, you do!!

First I am running a t400p with three fxo ports signalling fxs (inbound
CO lines). I have six polycom 501's. The problem is the amount of time
the call setup takes. I have done this with Mitel phones before with a
t-1 and had the same problem. My customer always complains about the
call setup time. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is. It
takes up to five seconds to pickup or start ringing the CO. I would be
happy to supply fake ringback if anyone knows how to do that.

You can add the r command to your Dial string to 'fake ringback' However
the CLI is your friend in this case. How long does it take after dialing
on the polycom for the console to reflect it is dialing? If it is right
away, you may have a problem with your CO lines, and how many digits it
is expecting before placing the call.

Second Problem is SIP Polycom phone line programming, I have read many
contradicting things. How should it be provisioned to allow multiple
incoming calls. How many lines,calls per line and the rest of the bull,
Iknow loaded question. I am using kewl start on those three lines by the
way

I set 6 lines per key on my Polycoms that works for 501 and 601. Calls
just keep coming IN!!!

.