[asterisk-users] CALEA support within asterisk?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Oct 3 12:44:23 MST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:28:01PM -0500, Brandon Galbraith wrote:
>    end user (IANAL, though). CALEA should be fairly easy to implement
>    either in Asterisk (with patches) or on the media gateway (when
>    the call hits the PSTN/GSM network). It's even easier if it's
>    SIP end to end, as you just need a box to sit in the middle and
>    reinvite both ends to run through the "monitoring system" as it
>    were. -brandon

Again, my imperfect memories of CALEA from 10 years ago when the
telecom-list people were fighting over it are that this wouldn't be
good enough -- CALEA requires that that the tap be invisible -- you're
not going to reinvite *everything*, are you?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_