[asterisk-users] Problems with automon

Clif Jones clif_lists at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 3 06:20:03 MST 2006

I have been trying to get automon working on Asterisk 1.2.12.1 and I am having some problems.  I have searched the list archives and have not found my answer either.  This system is setup for SIP to SIP calls with G.729 codecs.  I believe that I have the config files setup (*1 enabled in features.conf, DYNAMIC_FEATURES global variable and 'wW' Dial options in extensions.conf).  I lose audio both ways when '*1' is pressed and if I hangup on the originating side that initiated automon, I can hear a brief DTMF tone on the gateway side just before the call is dropped.  I also get the following log:
Sep 17 21:17:21 WARNING[3007] res_features.c: Bridge failed on channels SIP/2009-081eb5b8 and SIP/gateway-081e58c0
I have poked around and not found any additional information that is useful so I'm hoping that someone has seen this.  Could this be that I'm using G.729 codec?  I noticed that another system that uses G.711 has no problems.  Any help would be appreciated.