[asterisk-users] Problems with automon

Michael Neuhauser mike at firmix.at
Tue Oct 3 07:37:18 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 09:20 -0400, Clif Jones wrote:
> I have been trying to get automon working on Asterisk 1.2.12.1 and I
> am having some problems.  I have searched the list archives and have
> not found my answer either.  This system is setup for SIP to SIP calls
> with G.729 codecs.

You do have a G.729 codec module on your machine?

>   I believe that I have the config files setup (*1 enabled in
> features.conf, DYNAMIC_FEATURES global variable and 'wW' Dial options
> in extensions.conf).

Are you using [featuremap]/automon or [applicationmap]/<MYOWNFEATURE>?
(in the first case you do not need DYNAMIC_FEATURES in the second case
the wW flags do apply).

>   I lose audio both ways when '*1' is pressed and if I hangup on the
> originating side that initiated automon, I can hear a brief DTMF tone
> on the gateway side just before the call is dropped.  I also get the
> following log:
> Sep 17 21:17:21 WARNING[3007] res_features.c: Bridge failed on
> channels SIP/2009-081eb5b8 and SIP/gateway-081e58c0

This could be related to a bug in 1.2.12.1 that affects DTMF handling
for bridged calls (see http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7982). Bug was
fixed in 1.2 branch -> get 1.2 branch from SVN or wait for the 1.2.13
release. Automon does work for me after the fix from the 1.2 branch was
applied.
--
Dr. Michael Neuhauser                              mailto:mike at firmix.at
Firmix Software GmbH                                  sip:mike at firmix.at