[asterisk-users] How to park calls on a specific extension

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 20:09:16 MST 2006

Didn't Digium and Polycom recently announce that Polycom phones are the
"official" phones for Asterisk or something like that?  If so, can we at
least get the full functionality of Polycom's phones in Asterisk.  Unless
I'm mistaken, the PARK soft key doesn't work with Asterisk, neither do any
of the instant messaging features (that do work with sipX).

I'm pretty sure, other than support, there is no difference between the
business edition and the open source.  I believe the reference was to the
business edition.

Yeah, I'd like to see other phones supported as well, but at the same time,
I'd like to see at least one fully supported.  If I have to buy the business
edition, I don't have a problem with that either.  The only problem I can
see with that is that I believe you only get the binaries and not the source
code.  I guess it's a tradeoff.  If something specific to the Polycom's is
only available in BE, then you no longer have the ability to modify the
source code.

On another note, I'm somewhat reluctant to use touchtones for transfer and
so forth, because I'm afraid that may interfere would other IVRs. I have,
however, changed transfer to ## instead of just #.