[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 Error

Richard asterisk-list at voctel.com
Thu Nov 23 14:02:17 MST 2006

Hello,

I'm using Slackware 11.0.  I've installed unixODBC from the source files.
I've built and tested an odbc connection.

I'm trying to install Asterisk 1.4.  I can't get it to recognize the
unixODBC installation.  I've tried using the "--with-odbc=/usr/local" flag
to the configure process.

checking for SQLConnect in -lodbc... no
configure: ***
configure: *** The unixODBC installation on this system appears to be
broken.
configure: *** without explicitly specifying --with-odbc

The above example is with the odbc flag specified to Configure.  However,
there's no difference in results with or without the flag.

Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?

--
Richard Cook
richard at voctel.com
T: 705-223-2000  ext 2010