[asterisk-users] Call Transfers in SER + Asterisk architecture

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho at reit.up.pt
Thu Nov 23 15:20:08 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm deploying a SER + Asterisk architecture, where SER is used as SIP
registrar, and Asterisk is used for voicemail and PSTN gateway.

This system is already able to make Call Transfers (Blind and Attended)
internally between phones registered in SER, although,  I can't make
Call Transfers in some scenarios involving PSTN numbers (which need to
pass through Asterisk).

The problem is that when the REFER message (that carries the Refer-To
number to whom the call should be transferred) gets to Asterisk, it
replies with a 404 Not Found message, and the Call Transfer isn't
established!

Any ideas on how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo.