[asterisk-users] Survey: In what ways do you use Asterisk at your house?

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Thu Nov 23 08:07:03 MST 2006

Earle Clubb wrote:

> - What service provider/technology do you use for origination/termination?
> - What hardware/software do you use and how does it all tie together?
> - What tasks do you use * to accomplish?
> - Any other pertinent info.

Until last summer I had Asterisk doing the normal call handling
my home. You know selecting which line to call out on via an
SPA-3000 and SPA-3102. We do have trouble with the SPA's as the
echo can be quite bad or the volume is quite low (take your pick).
I'm also routing various calls to various vm-boxes and sending
selected callers to the SIT. I also had an extension that
interfaced to Mr. House home automation software. I could control
and monitor a few things in my home.

This system is no longer working due to a drive crash and the lack
of backup for parts of this setup. I'm hoping to get the time
towards the end of the year to put it back together. I may try
to integrate the voice recognition (Sphinx) into the setup also.
This was running on a 1GHz/512M/300G vanilla x86 clone. I had
printer services, DNS, DHCP, file sharing, home automation,
Asterisk and a few other things running. It's also my development
system.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site