[asterisk-users] Auto recording calls?

Brett Crapser brett at websmyths.com
Tue Nov 21 09:43:18 MST 2006

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 08:34 am, Jay Moore wrote:
[snip]
> Well, ideally I'd like for my customers to be able to download the file
> and play it on their computer, but a Java applet that plays them on our
> website would be a cool idea, too.  So, yeah, I'd be interested.
>
> I'm still looking for some way to play .gsm files on Windows Media
> Player, however, so if anyone can help me out with that, I'd really
> appreciate it.
>
> Jay

Jay - if you are willing to 'post-process' the files - you could just run them
through sox.  Like 'sox whatever.gsm whatever.wav' that should make them
playable with WMP. Also note that the resulting wav file is no bigger than the
gsm file cause sox uses the sample/rate info from the gsm file.

Brett