[asterisk-users] A question on ISDN cards... (in the UK)

Nigel Godfrey nigelcgodfrey+asterisk-users at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 18:41:05 MST 2006

> Whilst the HFC cards work (with bristuff) you need to be prepared to
> reload modules regularly and go through other hoops.

I've had a system running Asterisk with bristuff for two years now,
using two of the Billion BRI cards mentioned earlier in the thread.
I've had no problems at all, and it's running 24/7.  Call quality is
perfect.

I want to upgrade to 1.4, and my test box has identical working cards
but uses the mISDN drivers.   However there's some wierd error -
referenced in a different thread - and I've found various comments
online about mISDN not working with a CentOS default kernel which may
be the problem.

The bristuff patch was (last time i checked) lagging behind asterisk
by a few months.  I presume it still works as well as it used to -
though again, some online comments say it only works for cards bought
through junghanns.net.

I think that you are going to have to fight with Asterisk to some
extent to set up any BRI solution.  I guess the more expensive cards
come with an amount of support that cuts through that process.  If you
have the time to play, I'd buy some Billion's and give it a go.

Let us know how you get on!