[asterisk-users] A question on ISDN cards... (in the UK)

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Wed Nov 15 05:31:28 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:15:16AM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> (I'm in the UK if that makes a difference)
> There seems to be a plethora of different ISDN cards available in both the
> BRI and PRI range - all with varying prices too - from £25 to nearly £1000
> from some popular reseller sites...
> Does anyone have (or know of) a good comparison site, or have views on one
> card type over another?
> I'm assuming that the more expensive cards have additional features like
> better echo cancellation and audio processing abilities (or less CPU
> overhead?)
> Would anyone like to recommend a good and reasonable quality ISDN card for
> use in the UK, as after a lot of good results with TDM400P cards with
> several systems installed now, I need to look at a few ISDN BRI (old
> business highway about to move to ISDN2) and possibly a single-line PRI
> (ISDN-30) system.

Remember that ISDN may not be ISDN (well it is), but you specifically
need ISDN2e for BRI and make sure a PRI is configured as EuroISDN (ISDN
v110, the UK default is v85).

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo/Mac stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com