[asterisk-users] Ringing a group of phones but not if they arebusy

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sat Nov 18 02:41:20 MST 2006

> 	I need to ring a group of 8 phones, but not if they are already on
> another call.  How can I determine which of those 8 phones are busy so
> I only ring the others?

I've done this in the past by disabling call waiting on the phones and put
all 8 phones into a "ringall" queue. Then, when you call that queue, the
phones already on calls return SIP BUSY,whilst the others ring as normal.

It's not perfect, but for most of our users the call waiting noise in the
earpiece is an annoyance anyway.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris