[asterisk-users] Setting the CallerID

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Thu Nov 16 02:57:16 MST 2006

Hi,

Conrad Wood schrieb:
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 17:50 +0100, Tobias Wolf wrote:

Thx, for you answer ;)
>> I have some trouble with setting my CallerID if i make an international
>> Call. No Problems with National Calls, i can set whatever I want. We pay
>> for this service but our telephone provider was not able to state clear,
>> wether the number we set on an international call should be shown on the
>> other side.
>>
>> Actually only our base number shows up.
>
> With that, do you mean the number without international prefix? That's
> odd.

Not quite. I think i have to give an example to make it clear:

Out telco assigned us a number range, say from 0231 - 555 0000 to 0231 -
555 9999. These are number wich are routed to our asterisk server.
This will make 0231 - 555 0000 my "base number", sorry if i have chosen
a name with more an one definition.

On the other hand, i can set whatever number i like for outgoing calls.
Usually i have something like this in my dialplan:
Set(CALLERID(number)=XXXXXXXXX), where XXXX is the number i want to be
shown.

If i dial a national number (landline or mobile) the number i have set
is shown properly.

If i dial a number in England the called sees my "base number", but in
correct international format, +49 231 555 0000.

My Provider i called Dokom, it is a small local telco. I think they only
have lines in Dortmund, and beyond that they route through German
Telecom lines, but i am not sure of this.

The Number I call is a mobile number from Manx Telecom (Isle of Man).

I have made the calls with pri intense debug set on, but from my side a
can see no difference between calls where the number is set successfully
and calls the my number does not show up.

I have spoken with Dokom too, and they tell me that they don't mess up
with my calls, only passing through, and that they are not sure if the
number i have set, will be able to show up at the other side.

I have also tried to set number within my assigned number range and
outside of my number range.

Here the same: To national calls i can set whatever i like and to
international calls only my base number is shown.

Tobias Wolf