[asterisk-users] Setting the CallerID

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Wed Nov 15 09:50:53 MST 2006

Hi,

I have some trouble with setting my CallerID if i make an international
Call. No Problems with National Calls, i can set whatever I want. We pay
for this service but our telephone provider was not able to state clear,
wether the number we set on an international call should be shown on the
other side.

Actually only our base number shows up.

If I understand it correctly, in every call the base number is embedded
as ANI, so that we can be billed.

Is it possible, that, if a calls goes international, they only refer to
the ANI and forget the set number ?

The only route I am trying is from Germany to England, maybe it is a
problem between the providers and not of my setup.

Maybe someone could explain to me how CallerID transmission is done on
the technical level I could guess where i have to look for an solution.

Thx.

Tobias Wolf