[asterisk-users] ODBC Voicemail Storage

Edwin Horton edhorton at navcorp.com
Wed Nov 15 08:42:43 MST 2006

I current have a working Asterisk 1.2.12 server with ODBC voicemail storage,
realtime static maps for voicemail, sip and iax configuration files.
Realtime extensions, etc.  All works great.  I have verified that this
configuration works on my test server as well.  Now I am trying to test the
1.4B3 version on the same test server, and all works well except for ODBC
voicemail.  I am using the same table structure as before (extended ODBC),
and the ODBC system works well in that I can use it for the static maps
(extconfig.conf), or mysql native from the addons package.  With Asterisk
compiled without ODBC voicemail, it works flawless.  Anyway, Asterisk with
ODBC voicemail compile option will not start with the following console
message:

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf': Found
[Nov 15 09:18:47] DEBUG[23599]: app_voicemail.c:7056 load_config: VM
Temperary Greeting Reminder Option disabled globally
[Nov 15 09:18:47] DEBUG[23599]: app_voicemail.c:7082 load_config: ENVELOPE
before msg enabled globally
[Nov 15 09:18:47] DEBUG[23599]: app_voicemail.c:7110 load_config: found
dialout context: fromvm
[Nov 15 09:18:47] DEBUG[23599]: app_voicemail.c:7117 load_config: found
callback context: fromvm
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/users.conf': Found
app_voicemail.so => (Comedian Mail (Voicemail System) with ODBC Storage)
  == Registered channel type 'Local' (Local Proxy Channel Driver)
chan_local.so => (Local Proxy Channel)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/codecs.conf': Found
    -- codec_gsm: using generic PLC
  == Registered translator 'gsmtolin' from format gsm to slin, cost 5
asterisk: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_voicemail.so:
undefined symbol: odbc_request_obj

I get no other information in the debug or message files.  An attempt to
backtrace, does not yield a crash dump regardless of the compile options.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Ed Horton