[asterisk-users] Re: WIFI phones on asterisk

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sat Nov 11 12:04:18 MST 2006

On 2006-11-10 15:48:23 -0800, "Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen at gmail.com> said:

> I am surprised that you have had "good success" perhaps you haven't done
> proper testing?
I see you are skeptical...

I am using the Nokia e60, which also has no problems on the asterisk
side.  The phone could use some improvements, but beefing up my
wireless infrastructure,  this is quite workable, and pocketable also.

Last week I was cleaning the leaves off my roof (Seattle), and it was
quite nice to have the landline phone ring at my cell via the WIFI SIP
connection, so that I could answer and chat with people without
scrambling down the ladder.

Marty