[asterisk-users] Generating Recall/Flash using Zaptel

Dululu Ululu dululu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 09:45:20 MST 2006

Hi

I'm trying to generate a Recall/Flash on an FXO (TDM400) connected to a PABX
and failing at the moment. I was using the Flash
application, which seems to generate a hook flash as opposed to a Recall.
Debugging the Zap channel output using a second FXS channel gives me the
following

<< [ TYPE: Null Frame (5) SUBCLASS: N/A (0) ] [Zap/1-1]
<< [ TYPE: DTMF (1) SUBCLASS: 1 (49) ] [Zap/1-1]

when I press Recall on the type of phone I'm trying to mimic and

<< [ TYPE: Null Frame (5) SUBCLASS: N/A (0) ] [Zap/1-1]
<< [ TYPE: Control (4) SUBCLASS: Flash (9) ] [Zap/1-1]

when I use the Flash application.

I have 3 questions which I'd greatly appreciate answers to

1) Is it possible to generate the

<< [ TYPE: Null Frame (5) SUBCLASS: N/A (0) ] [Zap/1-1]

only using a Zap channel?

2) If it is, is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to delve into
zaptel / asterisk code?

3) If I have to delve into asterisk code, which areas should I be looking
at? As a newbie to the whole zaptel architecture and
asterisk code base who is on a rather tight schedule if I have to go this
route then any pointers as to where I should be looking
and what I should be doing would be hugely appreciated

I've searched high and low and can't seem to find answers to any of these
questions.

Thanks

Dululu