[asterisk-users] connect Sipura with Asterisk - both behind NAT

Mark Coccimiglio n3whx at amsat.org
Thu Nov 9 03:05:35 MST 2006

I have 2  SPA-841s and an SPA -3000.  I have found that setting
"externip" to be usefull, but what really helped the most is to set the
SPAs to use distinctly different ports.  SPA841(#1) uses ports UDP
5066,5067 and RTP 16391-16393.  SPA841(#2) uses UDP 5068,5069 and RTP
16395-16397. Finally I have the SPA3000 on UDP 5070 and RTP
16399-16401.  I don't use STUN (tends to cause more problems then it
solves).

On the Server side I have the NAT  firewall/gateway forwarding UDP port
5060 and RTP 16393-16401 to *.
In sip.conf set "nat=route" for each NAT client.

Hope this Helps,

Mark Coccimiglio
n3whx at amsat.org
VoIP: 293625 at fwd.pulver.com