[asterisk-users] Re: My Phone Review- Large Scale Corp Deployment.

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Nov 3 23:29:46 MST 2006

I am certainly not an expert on this but I bought a Budgetone 200 and for
$59 in the VOIP market I think it is an excellent bargain. While not
feature laden it does what it is suppose to. My biggest complaint is that
most all of the VOIP phones are made for the business and not the home
market. 99% of them are black and ugly and not something I would like in
my kitchen or bedroom. I choose the Budgetone 200 for it's style as well
as the mostly high ratings I have seen for it. It would be nice if it was
offered in white or beige though. I also like the message waiting
indicator that works well with * VM.  It is easy to setup and easy to use.
If you are thinking about using it in a larger scale you should buy one
and evaluate it. No big loss if you don't like it and you should even be
able to return it with most suppliers if you are not satisfied.

It sounds as good or better than my analog system through an spa-3000 and
appears to have less echo problems.

Doug

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Doug Meredith wrote:

> "Eddie Johnson Jr" <ilo at ilo-infosystems.us> wrote:
>
> >Did you test Snom or Sipura hard ip phones? I was considering Budgetone
> >for an office of 10 users. After reading your testimonial I will have
> >to re-think my selection.
>
> I don't know if you have used a BT but this isn't a phone that I would
> put in my garage much less my office. Poor sound quality, lousy display
> and a horrible interface. If you want something cheap to prove that VoIP
> actually works, then sure. If you plan to use it to talk to someone,
> then look elsewhere.
>
> Some other quick notes:
>
> Aastra 480i works pretty well.
>
> Sipura SPA-841 isn't much of a phone.
>
> Linksys SPA-921 & 941 work pretty well but suffer from occasional
> lockups and spontaneous reboots (latest firmware).
>
> Linksys WIP-300 is crap.
>
> Doug
> --
> Doug Meredith
> 506-854-7997 ext. 801

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *