[asterisk-users] Asterisk architecure

Vikki vicister at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 11:23:14 MST 2006

>> where exactly Asterisk 'fits' in my VOIP architecture.
I think you should tell "what do you want to do ?"
May be guys here can tell you whether Asterisk is the right choice for you
or not.

Anyways, talking about SIP and Asterisk, it can do SIP to PSTN (PRI/FXO) and
vice versa. Means it can act as a media/voip gateway.
Check this from you referece: http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-CF3666.html

Remember, Asterisk is a PBX which supports SIP, other protocols and
hardwares to interface with PSTN.

Hope this helps little !.

Vikki.