[asterisk-users] Re: Manager API - Originate Call - Need Help

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 05:08:54 MST 2006

In article <20061101112312.18810.qmail at web50809.mail.yahoo.com>,
Ehsan Khosrowshahi <ehsan_ka at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How can i originate a call from someone outside my sip-network (for example my PSTN home
> number) to one of my SIP number?
>
> I can originate a call from my SIP-network using this parameters in Originate call command :
>
> Channel = SIP/0041435215301
> Context = default
> Exten = 00982166501553
> Priority = 1
> CallerID = 0041435215301
>
> this works with out any problems I initiate a call from one of my network sip clients
> (0041435215301) and call someone at anyside of the world, but Can I initiate a call from
> (00982166501553) to one of my sip users?

Try using the Local channel type:

Channel = Local/00982166501553 at default
Context = sip-extensions
Exten = 0041435215301
Priority = 1
CallerID = 00982166501553

(use whatever context contains your SIP extensions)

This will place the call to your PSTN number first, and when that is answered,
it will call the SIP extension and connect the call to it. You ought to think
about how the person answering the PSTN extension will know what is happening.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield