[Asterisk-Users] Calls connected, but no audio

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Mon May 29 05:12:05 MST 2006

SIP uses port 5060 by default.  Chances are your SIP phones are set to
use port 5060 by default.  Some phones have a tick box that says "Use
Random Port" or you can specify a port.  Start with port 5060 and move
up so phone one would be 5060 phone two 5061 and so on.  The problem is
most likely that your Linksys is mapping port 5060 to the phone that has
last sent data which explains why it works sometimes but not others.  If
your asterisk server is setup not to bind to a particular port for sip
(sip.conf) then just try configuring the phones with unique ports and
give it a try.

It is still a good idea to use qualify=yes in your asterisk (sip.conf)
for each extension since it keeps port mappings open and active on your
linksys.  Otherwise your Linksys port mapping may expire and an incoming
call will be seen as unsolicited traffic and block it.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro