[Asterisk-Users] Snom firmwares suck <--additional datapoint to consider

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Mon May 29 01:28:00 MST 2006

> On Fri, 26 May 2006, Guido Hecken wrote:
> > We had the same problems with some cheap LevelOne Switches.
> > The Snoms rebooted during a call, calls dropped etc.
> > Replacing the switches was the solution.
>
> A switch should NEVER cause ANY device to lockup, ever. Period.
> If a phone locks up / reboots due to something a switch sends, then the
> phone is faulty.

Okay, it shouldn't reboot if not told to do so but a switch with e.g.
corrupt mac tables can bring your whole network down and the phone has no
chance too.
However, if the SNOMS still reboot with the follwing settings attached, I
would also think of a possible bug in the firmware.
Setup/Advanced

Detect Ethernet Cable Unplug: off
Action on Ethernet cable replug: ignore

Guido