[Asterisk-Users] RE: Milliwatt Analyzer available

Evan A. Parker evan.a.parker at gmail.com
Mon May 29 01:16:30 MST 2006

Hi,

I need some basic help to get going. I have done the following in
extensions.conf on * machine #1 to use mwanalyze for incoming calls:

--snip--
; Mwanalyze
exten => 31,1,Answer
exten => 31,2,Mwanalyze(8|8000|10|328)
exten => 31,3,NoOp(${mwa_ampitude})
exten => 31,4,NoOp(${mwa_ripple})
exten => 31,5,NoOp(${mwa_bad_timeslices})
--snip--

On * machine #2, I've put the following file in
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing with filename 2026.ext.31.call

--snip--
channel: SIP/31@<machine name>
maxretries: 3
retrytime: 60
waittime: 60
callerid: "foo" <123>
application: Milliwatt
data:
--snip--

But that doesn't work--mwanalyze never hangs up the call to report the
channel variables.  The call stays up until I do a soft hangup, at which
time channel variables are not reported.  I can call into machine #1 on
extension 31 from a SIP phone and mwanalyze will play a tone for 10
seconds, populate channel variables, and exit as I would expect.  Can you
help me understand why Mwanalyze doesn't hang up the call after the
configured amount of time when I call between * machines by putting the
above file in the outgoing directory?

If you're not sure how to answer the question above, then this one might be
easier to answer: how do you expect * to be configured to use Mwanalyze?

Thanks in advance,

Evan