[Asterisk-Users] Calling a person over Internet

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Sun May 28 04:19:59 MST 2006

Hello Michiel,

* Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info> [27-05-06 17:15]:
> You have to do a couple of things:
> 1. Open your firewall so it allows the protocol you want to
> use.

ok, that should be easy.

> 2. Configure asterisk to accept guest calls
> 3. Configure asterisk to ring some phones when someone dials
> your domain.

and how is this working?
Is the person who want call me dial number at mydomain?

How can ppl reach me if they only use SIP?

If there is a site or howto etc. available it would be a pleasure for
my to get something to read :)

> Remember, only ppl with voip can reach you this way. Normal
> landline phones can only reach you when you have a landline
> connected to a tdm card or if you connect with a voip
> provider.

I have a ISDN card in my PC which is working perfectly.

Thx for answers.

Best regards,
Matthias