[Asterisk-Users] Calling a person over Internet

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat May 27 08:15:49 MST 2006

On 15:30, Sat 27 May 06, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have now asterisk running at home.
> Is it possible that a other person can call me now with my domain or
> must I use a VoIP provider?

Hi,

You have to do a couple of things:
1. Open your firewall so it allows the protocol you want to
use.
2. Configure asterisk to accept guest calls
3. Configure asterisk to ring some phones when someone dials
your domain.

Remember, only ppl with voip can reach you this way. Normal
landline phones can only reach you when you have a landline
connected to a tdm card or if you connect with a voip
provider.

Good luck
--
Michiel van Baak