[Asterisk-Users] Calling a person over Internet

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sun May 28 04:40:20 MST 2006

On 13:19, Sun 28 May 06, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hello Michiel,
> > 2. Configure asterisk to accept guest calls
> > 3. Configure asterisk to ring some phones when someone dials
> > your domain.
>
> and how is this working?
> Is the person who want call me dial number at mydomain?
>
> How can ppl reach me if they only use SIP?

In sip.conf you have to allow guest calls (read the comments
in the default conf)
the context = line in globals puts those calls in that
context in extensions.conf
in extensions.conf define the names/numbers ppl can use to
reach you.

mine has:
michiel => Dial(SCCP/office)

(of course that's a simplified version)