[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma A200 4 port FXO card suddenly stopped answer on channels 2, 3, 4

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Fri May 26 13:16:57 MST 2006

Mike Garey wrote:

> It turns out that the Sangoma card had suddently decided to stop
> answering on channels 2,3 and 4, so if someone was using channel 1,
> then no other calls would be picked up.  We could, however, make
> outgoing calls.  I tried restarting Asterisk and it didn't make a
> difference.  I then tried restarting the Wanrouter and it started
> working again.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Do you have the optional echo canceler? The echo canceler on my A20002D
died after two months, resulting in erratic one-way audio. Sangoma sent
a replacement after I presented my debugging efforts to my vendor
(Telephonyware). The replacement works fine.

Try re-seating the FXO option card in the main card. The optional echo
canceler card can also be unscrewed and re-installed.

Anyway, call your vendor about the fall-through problem.

The disconnect problems that you mentioned are the same for any FXO card
- see
http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/resolving_hangup_detection_problems_fxo_tdm_voicemail.html.)

I use

minmessage=5
maxsilence=3
silencethreshold=128

in voicemail.conf. Seems to work reasonably well.

- Mike