[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma A200 4 port FXO card suddenly stopped answer on channels 2, 3, 4

Mike Garey random51k at gmail.com
Fri May 26 12:33:45 MST 2006

I've been using Asterisk 1.2.6 with a 4 port FXO Sangoma A200 card for
the past month without many problems (other than the fact that the
Sangoma card doesn't disconnect hung up calls immediately, which I
posted about in another thread, and has still not been fixed),
however, I had a call from one of our clients today and they
complained that our phone system kept ringing through when they
called.

It turns out that the Sangoma card had suddently decided to stop
answering on channels 2,3 and 4, so if someone was using channel 1,
then no other calls would be picked up.  We could, however, make
outgoing calls.  I tried restarting Asterisk and it didn't make a
difference.  I then tried restarting the Wanrouter and it started
working again.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  I really don't
like the fact that I had to restart the wanrouter for the channels to
start behaving normally again.  Our phone system is basically useless
if it randomly downgrades to a single line.  I'm going to speak to
Sangoma and see what they have to say about this, but until then, I
was hoping someone might have some advice or suggestions for me to
try.  Thanks,

Mike