[Asterisk-Users] Faxing - machines stop talking, line stays up

Warrick Zedi wzedi at noojeeit.com.au
Tue May 23 00:23:08 MST 2006

Hi,

I haven't seen this situation described anywhere. We have an Asterisk
server configured with 2 T4XXP cards and a TDM400P. We are using
spandsp's txfax to send faxes on one of the E1 channels.

The calls originates and the faxes start talking to each other for about
10 seconds. Then they just stop. The line stays up for a while after
that until the remote end hangs up. The local line stays up for a little
while longer and then eventually hangs up.

I've fiddled with the gain settings in zapata.conf using ztmonitor as a
guide to no avail. I've also tried busydetect=no in zapata.conf.

In addition, changing the txgain appears to have no effect (going by
ztmonitor), while rxgain does have an effect.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Warrick