[Asterisk-Users] US telco lingo

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Wed May 24 12:17:12 MST 2006

Not quite.

It refers to the contiguous 48 States that make up the US mainland.
Alaska and Hawaii, whilst States, are separated by either another
country or large amounts of ocean.

Places like Key West whilst technically are over 50 miles from the
mainland are considered part of the Lower 48/US48

Mark (a Brit whom lives in the US)