[Asterisk-Users] Office to Office via IAX2 problems

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon May 22 13:30:15 MST 2006

Hi Doug -

> Office A routinely looses connection to Office B. When typing IAX2
> Show Peers, it will show as Unreachable. I issue IAX2 Reload and it
> will work again for 1-3 days (haven't narrowed the time down yet). My
> theory is that the DSL at Office2 is changing IP addresses regularly
> and this is the cause of the problem??? This has been going on since
> I set up Office B (2-3 weeks). I never had to touch Office B box.
> Office B seemed to maintain connection, until now (see Issue 2).

Just to cover all the bases.  Can one machine talk to the other at
all?  Can you ssh from one box to another (if you don't use ssh, can
you telnet to an open tcp port)?  If not, it is surely a routing
issue.

If you can connect via non-asterisk methods, you might try increasing
your qualify value to something higher (qualify=1500), or just remove
it altogether for testing.  It might be that the latency is high
enough that the connection consistently fails to qualify.  (What are
the ping times, BTW?)

I'll second Eric's advice to not use a DNS name for the host, even in
your final setup.

- Noah